General Information and AdviceAll advice is impartial and independent and all information given is treated confidentially.
Team Duty Officer
Telephone 01274 594173
Contact us with your query and we will place you on our list for a call back. Call backs are usually made on a Wednesday morning. Please note, this service tends to be high in demand and we offer a maximum of SIX slots per session. Furthermore, we provide initial telephone advice only – any appointments required afterwards will be discussed and agreed with the Duty Officer/advisers accordingly.
We can help with:
- Allocation and transfers
- Grant assistance for repairs, improvements or adaptations
- Housing options- working with a client to enable their chosen housing option (e.g. remaining in their own home, sheltered housing or residential or nursing care)
Health and Community Care
We can offer:
- Representation or casework to prepare clients for assessments
- Entitlement to services under the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons’ Act 1970
- Help to access accommodation under the National Assistance Act 1948
- Help to access provision of domiciliary services and challenging charges for domiciliary services
- Help with hospital discharge arrangements
- Accessing mobility services- concessionary travel, Motability and Blue Badge (see below)
- Help to access Community Care Grants, Budgeting Loans, Crisis Loans, Funeral Payments
We can help you to complete a Blue Badge application form and send this to the appropriate department on your behalf.
We have two Information Officers who deal with Blue Badge applications.
RADAR keys are used to open disabled toilet facilities. These are available in our reception area and are available in two sizes; large headed and regular. The cost of a RADAR key varies from £3.00 to £4.00.
Should you require one of these keys, please ring reception on 01274 594173 or pop in and see us at Manningham Mills Community Centre.
At Equality Together, we offer help and information on Signposting Services. We keep an up-to-date list of insured and reference checked local businesses which deliver gardening, cleaning and shopping services. There is a charge for these services. We monitor the work of these companies to ensure that we point you in the direction of service providers with a track record of being reliable and trustworthy.
Please contact us on our main telephone number 01274 594173 if you require any of these services.