THIS IS A FIXED CONTRACT UNTIL AUGUST 2023, with a 3-month probationary period.
Responsible to: The Programme Co-ordinator and Individual Partner Organisational Chief Officer
Responsible for: There are no paid staff line management responsibilities to this post, however support and guidance are to be provided to volunteers, placements and students where necessary.
In liaison with the Programme Co-ordinator and the Individual Partner Organisational Chief Officer the post holder will be expected to organise his or her own workload.
The post holder will work with other workers and volunteers within (the host organisation) as well as other workers and volunteers based within the partner organisations to support and deliver the aims and objectives in relation “Bradford Innovation Fund Project”.
The post holder will work within aims and objectives of (host organisation) to meet service level agreements and contracts of the funder namely City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council.
The information below is a summary of the overall work and scope content of the responsibilities of the post. Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline all the duties involved in the post, broad descriptions have been used which should assume all associated routines.
Prime objectives – To train, support and enable people with direct lived experience to gain greater awareness, confidence and understanding in relation to “Choice & Control” as an individual.
The primary aims are for individuals with direct lived experience to:
- Engage with the wider community of people with direct lived experience that live across the Bradford Metropolitan District.
- Provide the opportunity for individuals with direct lived experience to co-design and co-produce a varied range of services and intervention programmes to support and enable other individuals to increase self confidence to re-engage as restrictions ease or change following Government Guidelines in relation to COVID-19.
Working with individuals with direct lived experience to develop plans and put them into action to increase awareness, understanding, participation and ownership through “Choice & Control” in relation to a diverse range of activities, services and training programmes.
In partnership with partner organisations to:
- Develop the direction and delivery of the plan of action for the project
- Develop a range of materials/resources to support the delivery of the Bradford Innovation Fund Project Information etc.
- Participate in the delivery of Training with your fellow workers including teaching sessions, reviews, appraisals and group work
- Support the running of work sessions across the Bradford Metropolitan District
- Support the setting up of further focus and work groups as necessary to assist and validate the project
Supervision & Guidance
- The post holder will be responsible in the first instance to the Programme Co-ordinator and secondly to the Chief Officer of the host partner organisation
- Regular reviews of work progress and support meetings will be held.
- Appraisals will be undertaken by the Programme Co-ordinator.
- Training and support will be given where necessary by other members based within the partner organisation as well as the host partner organisation
- Other training courses will of course be considered should they be relevant to the post or the project
- The partner organisations encourage the updating of skills and knowledge.
Range of Duties
It is a requirement of the role within this project to work in collaboration with all and other stakeholders which is mandatory.
- To support the development of the information and work group sessions.
- To support the development of a small teams of people with direct lived experience, from across the district that can represent their peers at meetings and consultations.
- To support the recruitment of a user led steering group as well as possible specific reference groups of people with direct lived experience. (Support by other members of the Partner Organisations will be given)
- To undertake training and support of participants on the training and information workshops
- To work cooperatively to ensure the continued development and evaluation of the services offered
- To network with like-minded organisations across the district
- To keep administrative records and other tasks as required
- To Keep clear financial records and petty cash accounts
- To be part of the wider delivery team for the host organisation and attend staff meetings
- To provide regular reports to the Project Coordinator as well as the host partner organisation.
- To be aware that all Partner Organisations are very busy units and co-operation and participation in / with other aspects of work will be expected.
In order that the service needs continue to be met the ranges of duties are subject to change in conjunction with the post holder.